Employee Health and Fitness Day
Employee Health and Fitness Day was Wednesday, May 17th, 2017!
What is it?
National Employee Health and Fitness Day (NEHFD), is a national observance celebrated the third (3rd) Wednesday in May, and was created to promote the benefits of physical activity for individuals through their work site health promotion activities. It is a day to raise awareness about the physical and fiscal benefits of establishing and maintaining healthy habits at work.
2017 Employee Health and Fitness Day:
The Sheboygan County Activity and Nutrition Coalition (SCAN) met on June 20th to distribute the traveling trophies to the winning organizations for the Sheboygan County's Let's Get Physical - National Employee Health & Fitness Day annual event held on Wednesday, May 17, 2017.
Each of the businesses organized physical activity events for their employees on the day of the event, ranging from holding on-site group exercise classes or team activities (i.e. Boot Camp, Yoga, Happy Hour Fitness, etc.), conducting scavenger hunts or poker walks, to promoting walking routes and healthy food options for lunch. 34 area businesses in Sheboygan County participated in this year's event with more than 5,000 employees joining in on the fun. Each employee was asked to exercise at least 20 minutes on this day to count towards the organizational challenge. Next year’s event will take place on again on the third Wednesday in May. ALL businesses are welcome to participate!
The Businesses that participated included:
Small Size Employers (< 50)
- Community Care Inc.
- Sheboygan County Food Bank
- Feldmann Engineering & Manufacturing Company Inc.
- Wind Mill Slatwall Products
- Nourish Farms Inc.
- Sheboygan County Head Start
- McClone Agency Inc.
- HUB International
- Golden Living Center
Medium Size Employers (50-250)
- Prairie States Enterprises
- Plymouth Foam
- RCS Empowers
- Sheboygan County YMCA
- Sheboygan Falls School District
Large Size Employers (251 – 499)
- Curt G. Joa, Inc.
- Plymouth School District
- Kettle Moraine Correctional Institution
- Sartori Company
Jumbo Size Employers (500 – 999)
- American Orthodontics
- City of Sheboygan
- Sheboygan County
- Sargento Foods Inc.
- Great Lakes Cheese
- Rockline Industries
- Lakeshore Technical College
Mega Size Employers (1,000+)
- Kohler Co.
- Sheboygan Area School District
- Vollrath Company
- Johnsonville Sausage, LLC
The 2017 Winners for Sheboygan County's Let's Get Physical - National Employee Health & Fitness Day Challenge:
- Rene Parker – Prairie States Enterprises
- Stephany Mangan, Peggy Annis, Melissa Kleefish – Community Care Inc.
- Julie Lyons- Kohler Co.
- Betty Soerens, Katie Atkinson- Kettle Moraine Correctional Institution
- Michelle Roenitz – Sheboygan County
- Christine Oleksy – Sheboygan County YMCA
- Sherri Regenwether, Michelle Karas – McClone Agency
- Tamara Wollner – Johnsonville Sausage, LLC.
In addition, Curt G. Joa, Inc. has won this competition 11 years in a row, and Sheboygan County and Sheboygan Area School District have each won it for the last 8 years in a row!!! An excellent achievement for all three organizations!